Want to relive the classics with a beautiful actress Marilyn Monroe look? Aside from the unique hair style, a Marilyn Monroe make up will definitely bring to life that classic sultry Hollywood glam in you!
Marilyn Monroe Facts
Marilyn Monroe is one of the pillars of the Hollywood industry. She was an award-winning actress, a model, singer, pop icon and sex symbol way back in the 50’s and 60’s. She was well-loved and her legacy lives on until now. Her beautiful glamorous look still lives on as young generations relive it through Marilyn Monroe hair and makeup styles.
Marilyn Monroe Makeup Tips:
Steps on How to Do Marilyn Monroe Makeup
Dying now to know how to apply makeup like Marilyn Monroe? Here are some step by step instructions to achieve that Marilyn Monroe look:
Marilyn Monroe Makeup Primers
- Begin with a clean face. Make sure that all stray hair beneath the brow bone are tweezed, and you have applied some moisturizer over your entire face and neck.
- Dot some concealer under your eyes to lighten the area.
- Apply liquid foundation starting from the center of the face and blend outward. Then, create a smooth finish by putting some translucent loose powder over your face.
Marilyn Monroe Eye Makeup
- With a golden brown eyebrow pencil, fill the eyebrows to achieve curvy arch using short careful strokes then blend with a good eyebrow brush. Gently sweep some clear mascara over the eyebrows so that the shape and color are locked in tight.
- Apply a medium brown eyeshadow onto the crease of the eye and blend well. Then, using outward and downward sweeping motion, apply some frosted white eyeshadow right onto the lid and the browbone area.
- Use a black liquid eyeliner and apply a thin layer close to the lashline with a downward slope.
- Curl your eyelashes, apply a strip of false lashes towards the outer corner then apply black mascara on both upper and lower lashes.
- Finally, draw a thin line under your eye (starting from where the lashes start sloping downwards past the outer lashes) with a medium brown eyeshadow and a thin brush.
Marilyn Monroe Cheek and Lip Makeup
- Apply a rosy pink blush onto your cheeks.
- Line your lips with a red or a flesh-toned lip liner then fill in the lips with cherry red lipstick using a lip brush. Blot, re-apply and blot again.
- Dot a lip gloss at the center of your bottom lip to create a pouty lip effect.
- Finally, you can draw a beauty Marilyn Monroe mark on the left side of your face using a black eyeliner pencil and dust with loose powder for a smooth finish.
Marilyn Monroe Hair Style
The perfect Marilyn Monroe look can not be achieved without sporting a uniquely attractive Marilyn Monroe hair style. Her almost always brushed up shoulder-length hair, her side parted facial feature-enhancing style and her rolled curls are distinctly hers and would perfectly complement a well-done Marilyn Monroe make up.
Hopefully, the Marilyn Monroe make up tips outlined above will give you the right classically glamorous look that you are looking for.